- Registration opens Tuesday, August 1, 2023
- Registration closes Saturday, August 26, 2023
- 8U Coaches meeting Sunday, August 27, 2023 @ 2:00pm
- 10U, 12U, 14U Coaches meeting is Tuesday, August 29, 2023 @ 6:00pm
- Tryouts for 8U is Wednesday, August 30, 2023 @ 5:30pm.
- Tryouts for 10U is Wednesday, August 30, 2023 @ 6:45pm.
- Draft for 8U is Thursday, August 31, 2023 @ 6:30pm (Coaches Only).
- Draft for 10U is Thursday, August 31, 2023 @ 7:15pm (Coaches Only).
- Tryouts/draft for 12U is Tuesday, September 5, 2023 @ 5:30pm
- Tryouts/draft for 14U is Friday, September 8, 2023 @ 5:30pm
- Practices for 8U and 10U will begin Tuesday, September 5, 2023
- Practices for 12U, and 14U will begin Monday, September 11, 2023
- Regular season games begin as early as Monday, October 2, 2023
- Makeup week: November 6 - 11, 2023
- Playoff Week begins Monday, November 13, 2023
- Championship Saturday will be held on November 18, 2023
Baseball Code of Conduct
This player/ parent code of conduct is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of rules concerning player/ parent behavior. All players and parents registered to play on an NYSA Baseball team and are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is above and beyond respectful of others and reflects positively on the Navarre Youth Sports Association.
Sportsmanship: All players and parents must learn and display a sense of fair play. Be humble in victory, gracious in defeat. Players and parents must represent your team and the Navarre Youth Sports Association by showing good sportsmanship at all times, win or lose.
Player Conduct: Each player will agree to the following:
- Respect your Coach, Coaches, Teammates, Parents, Opponents, Spectators, and Umpires.
- Never argue with an umpire’s call or decision.
- No swearing, harassment, or inappropriate behavior or language will be tolerated.
- Be responsible to help clean up the field, dugout after all practices and games.
- No use of Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs will be Tolerated
- No defaming of coaches, teammates VIA any electronic or social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) text messages, etc.
Parent/ Guardian Responsibility: Each parent will agree to the following:
- Respect your Player’s Coaches, Teammates, Parents, Opponents, Spectators, and Umpires.
- Be respectful of your coach’s decisions. Remember they are the ones that are putting in the extra time and effort.
- Encourage your child to play by the rules. Remember that children learn best by example, be supportive of both teams when good plays are made.
- Do not embarrass your team by yelling at players, coaches, umpires or spectators. By showing a positive attitude toward the game and all of its participants your player will benefit. Any parent that cannot refrain from such behavior will be asked to leave.
- No defaming of coaches, players, or other parents VIA any electronic or social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) text messages, etc.
- Allow for a 24 hour “COOL DOWN, be OBJECTIVE” period before you discuss any serious concerns you have with a coach before communicating with that coach in a constructive and adult manner.
- Allow for a 24 hour “COOL DOWN, be OBJECTIVE” period before you contact your Issues Manager.
Any player or parent found to have engaged in such prohibited conduct shall be subject to disciplinary action up to and including immediate dismissal and/ or a formal apology to the offended individual.
Discipline Policy/Consequences: Each player and parent are advised of the following discipline policy and consequences for any and all inappropriate conduct.
For more information please contact [email protected]
- Any and All Disciplinary action shall be reviewed by the NYSA Baseball Committee, NYSA Baseball Commissioners, and, or NYSA Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Any and All actions may include but are not limited to the following repercussions:
- Verbal warning