The first $45 of each registration fee for every sport covers the cost of Insurance, utilities, background checks, groundskeeping, admin fees, and general operating expenses for the NYSA.
Additional costs vary by sport, but fees typically pay for:
- Game Officials - referees or umpires
- Conference or Organizational fees - if the sport is part of a conference or other outside organization, then they pay fees to the league.
- Equipment - balls, pads, helmets, and other practice or game equipment for the teams
- Equipment for the fields/courts (nets, goal posts)
- Sponsor Banners/Fundraising Costs
The registration fee does not
cover the full cost of each sport. For this reason, the NYSA raises additional funds via:
- Middle School Dances
- Pre or Post-season games - where parking or entry fees are charged.
The NYSA is non-profit and volunteer-run. No board member, sport commissioner or coach is compensated. We ask that parents volunteer each season in some capacity to help keep costs low and to improve the experience for our community. Opportunities to volunteer can include working concessions, working the chain-gang, keeping the score board, announcing games, and the list goes on and on.