How to Apply for Financial Assistance
1. You register your athlete/s for the sport/s you wish to get financial assistance for.
2. You apply here. This is a google form that will require you to enter your email address and answer a few simple questions.
3. Your application will be reviewed.
4. If approved, you will receive notification via email that your registration was discounted for reason "scholarship".
5. If denied, an email response will be sent to the email you applied from.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for financial assistance? Everybody can apply for financial assistance. Scholarships are on a first come first serve basis and are provided as long as there are funds available. If you are a recipient of free or reduced lunch then you are eligible to apply for financial assistance. Hardship Scholarships are available In limited quantities.
Are foster families eligible? Yes, Foster families are automatically awarded scholarships.
How often can I apply for assistance? There will be one scholarship allowed per child, once a year. Year will run from October 1 through September 30th.
What if I have an overdue balance? No Scholarship will be issued if you have an overdue balance.
What fees are covered by financial assistance? The registration fee associated with the sport. NYSA Annual Membership Dues Will not be included in scholarship award (You will be responsible for paying these). However, Scholarships do not cover uniforms or equipment if they are a separate cost.
What fees are not covered by financial assistance? The Annual NYSA Membership dues of $55 must be paid by the member.
Can I get assistance for the cost of equipment? Under some circumstances we can loan out gently used equipment for use. If you need this assistance, please answer YES to "Will you need help providing equipment for your child?" in the application.