The first $40 of each registration fee for every sport covers the cost of Insurance, utilities and general operating expenses for the NYSA.
- Game Officials - referees or umpires
- Conference or Organizational fees - if the sport is part of a conference or other outside organization, then they pay fees to the league.
- Equipment - balls, pads, helmets, and other practice or game equipment for the teams
- Equipment for the fields/courts (nets, goal posts)
The registration fee does not
cover the full cost of each sport. For this reason, the NYSA raises additional funds via:
- Middle School Dances
- Pre or Post-season games - where parking or entry fees are charged.
The NYSA is non-profit and volunteer-run. No board member, sport commissioner or coach is compensated. We ask that parents volunteer each season in some capacity to help keep costs low and to improve the experience for our community. Opportunities to volunteer can include working concessions, working the chain-gang, keeping the score board, announcing games, field maintenance, park pick-up and empty trash cans, and the list goes on and on.