The staff at Navarre Youth Sports Association is working diligently to protect athletes and their families in these unprecedented times. During this time, it's important that we all work together to provide a safe and fun environment for our young athletes. Extra volunteers will be utilized during these times to help keep equipment and uniforms clean and sanitary.
What to expect during COVID-19?
- New Agreement: The NYSA requires the parent/guardian of every athlete to complete and sign the Release Waiver of Liability Assumption of Risk Indemnity Agreement. This agreement will help keep the NYSA operating for future generations.
- COVID Monitoring: We are monitoring the activities of the Santa Rosa Health Department, Santa Rosa County as well as the Santa Rosa School Departments to help guide us toward the best decisions possible.
- Schedules: Practice and game schedules could remain fluid. Schedules could be impacted by possible quarantines, and games or practices being rescheduled or even canceled.
- More Volunteers Needed: NYSA volunteers, including board members, commissioners and coaches will work diligently to ensure that proper precautions are being taken during practices or games. However, it is the responsibility of every parent and guardian to help create safe and sanitary conditions. This may mean taking on additional duties to ensure proper social distancing, cleaning of equipment during or after practices, and cleaning practice and game uniforms equipment often. We're all in this together and will rely on our community to help us get through these unprecedented times.
- Follow the NYSA Facebook page for the most recent and up-to-date information.
- Stay Vigilant: We ask all of our participants, parents and families to practice the utmost care when it comes to washing hands often, and staying home if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of Covid -19. There are updates and information on Covid-19 on the Santa Rosa County Website at SantaRosa.fl.gov
- Contact Information: NYSA Board President Paul Villanova is the point-of-contact for all public inquiries regarding COVID-19 and the NYSA. For all media inquires, please contact [email protected]. No other coach, commissioner or board member is permitted to officially speak on behalf of the NYSA.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do if I see unsafe conditions? First, you should attend all meetings to make sure you understand the protocols that are in place. If you see these protocols being broken, you can remove your athlete from the unsafe condition and ask the volunteer running the practice/game to address the situation immediately. Try and stay calm, discuss the facts as you understand them and why you think the protocols aren't being met. You can also report unsafe conditions to [email protected].
- What is the refund policy if practices or games are cancelled? The NYSA Board of Directors will make decisions regarding refunds on an as-needed, sport-by-sport, basis. Remember, the NYSA is volunteer run by members of our community. We have the community's best interest at heart.