Incumbents perform routine work in the maintenance of NYSA's sports facilities and parks. Maintenance duties include mowing, landscaping, irrigation, sports fields maintenance, and general maintenance. Incumbents also set up, support, and tear down special events. Depending on assignment, incumbents may be required to work evenings, holidays, and weekends to support events and tournaments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Job descriptions are subject to change by NYSA as the needs of the NYSA and requirements of the job change.
- Maintains turf, parks, trails, and landscape maintenance by mowing, edging, and fertilizing, and pruning trees and shrubs
- Repairs fields and sports courts; reconditions, preps, and maintains sports fields specifications, which includes the mound and home plate, infield skin work, and bullpens, etc.
- Performs routine irrigation maintenance, inspection, and repair
- Performs general cleanup of grounds and facilities, including restrooms, dugouts, and parking lots
- Inspects, cleans, and repairs tools and equipment related to assignment, including playground equipment, safety screens, nets, cages, benches, bleachers, and other related stadium equipment
- Provides support for all sports tourism and special events, which include sport leagues, recreation leagues, tournaments, and all community events
- Works evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Performs the essential functions as described in the physical demands and work environment sections below
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
- Light Maintenance
- Must upkeep mowers, edgers, and other equipment as necessary
- Landscaping help as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Basic park and sports turf maintenance principles
- Maintenance of sports fields, sports courts, landscape, and turf maintenance
- Maintenance of equipment and ability to use various tools
- Performing basic mathematical calculations
- Operating light construction equipment
- Landscape and sports turf maintenance
- Using a computer and related software applications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Properly record and maintain daily work log
- Understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Perform routine maintenance and repair activities
- Operate or use vehicles, equipment, and various power and hand-held tools
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
High school diploma or GED, and one year of experience maintaining landscape and turf, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. A
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have at time of hire and be able to maintain a valid FL Driver License and pass a criminal background check.